It somehow feels comforting knowing that someone understands and is/are going through the same shit that you are. Thank you ZhangXifan and ChiaChekwei. We're all in this together.
Interview. Camp. And now campaign. I lost my passion already. Initially, I was so damn determined to NOT join SC in JC, esp when I got to see how's SC like in my sch. But somewhat, my mindset changed. Seeing that there are so many potential leaders and great people around, I seriously do not mind getting in to work with them so as to further improve on everything of the school. Really. Cause I feel that there's so much more to be done to make the sch a better place, and I believe we can make the change(s).
I don't know if you call this wallowing in self pity or what. But I thought of all the shit I had been going through in this period, and I broke down, during camp. Well, I could have joined netball or something, where I am good at and where my passion is. Its really different when I have to run 2.4km for Bball and 2.4km for Netball. I don't have passion in the things I'm doing now, be it bball or council.
I once thought that things would get better after camp and all, but I was wrong. Things are getting more competitive. I thought it was fine initially, but I realise something wasn't quite right. And what's happening to all the friendship? I really hate this. I mean, are all these necessary? Do we really have to hurt each other? I'll rather not, seriously. Probably because my passion is not there yet. But really, I didn't have it in the first place. So I guess, I won't be ambitious. Let nature take its course then. I won't be doing much, I'll just be myself. Vote for me or not, its really up to you.
I believe I have much more better things to do. I could have joined CO, Choir, Netball, and a whole lot of other stuff, or even resume my Piano lessons. But what am I doing here? I still have Japan trip, Geog trip and I can be an OGL next year. So if I don't get it, I really don't mind. But I guess I'll just pull through this period and see how. Oh well, I really had the thought of backing out. Not only once, but many times. But looking at how much time I've spent on SC and that there are so many ppl supporting me, I think I'll just move on. Ultimately, I'm doing this not entirely for myself. I want to spend my 2 years happily. And I thought, if I could make changes to make you guys happy, I believe I will be too. Your smiles are my greatest comfort. So yeah, I'll have this goal in mind. I'll be strong. I'll try. But no promises.
Thank you, for those who comforted, who cheered me on and who has been supporting me.
"Nobody says its easy but we don't stop trying because its difficult." - C.Chan
I've always love this quote. It sometimes really spurs me on when times are difficult. Esp for ZXF and CCW, this goes out to you guys too. You guys understand me the best yeahh.
If you ask, what are the lessons I've learnt so far?
1. Great friends does not come by chance. Cherish them.
2. Perseverance? Easier said than done.
3. Be yourself at all times. Do not deceive yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment