Yes, I know, my last post was half a year ago? Hah, I'm sucha failed blogger. But well, there's really nothing much to blog about now that we have Twitter. And I really hope I have enough time to complete my tutorials and assignments, let alone blogging. But this - NYBBGT - is worth blogging about. I mean, 140 words is just not enough to describe by 1 year of experience in this awesome team right?
***
NYBBGT 2010/2011
Surprisingly, I am actually sad that all these are coming to an end. I recall I first joined basketball because I need to join a CCA. Tried choir and netball, but both doesn't interest me. So while running for Council, I joined the basketball team. To me, basketball is a real lame sport. Being a netballer, basketball really does not make any sense to me. What's with those pushing and obstruction? Dribbling? That's so not me. Taking a shot? Sorry, I'm a mid-fielder I don't shoot. My secondary school friends were all so surprised that I am in basketball because I am very nua. Hah. Couldn't really appreciate basketball then.
Training was so tough and I didn't have the interest in it. I dread trainings. I really hate all those 2.4km warm-up runs, 10 rounds around level 3 corridors, double (or even triple) suicide runs, beap test, squats, physical, gym... I really hate those physical stuff that drains out all my energy and make me so tired after it ends. Nua? Maybe? Dribbling - definitely one huge challenge for me when I play the game. My feet are just so rooted to the ground I don't travel with the ball. But I can't help it, it's really difficult to adjust. I've been stopping each time I receive a ball since sec 1 and it's becoming a habit. Defending and getting rebounds aren't much of a problem for me. In fact, that's what netballers are good at. The only thing is that I tend to stick too close to the opponent and I may be too gentle with them, because I fear "obstruction", which does not exist in the game of basketball. It definitely wasn't easy for me to adjust from being a netballer to a basketballer. Totally challenging.
Sometimes, I really hope that I can quite basketball or stop going for training and what-nots. Because I have minimal interest in that. It is made worse when Council gets so busy and when I'm not doing well acadamically.
Having said all those... Well now, I'm so glad that I pressed on and continue my basketball journey in NY despite those hard times that I face. It's not easy to handle two CCAs at a time, especially in JC. To think back now,... this one year journey in NYBBGT is indeed memorable and wonderful, especially this past few months. And I'm glad to be able to participate in two A'div (with such wonderful teammates). Seriously, how many noobs like me can do so?
For my first A'div:
Hah, we were desperately in need of people. In the end, we made do with 11 people. Hoping to proceed to the second round, we disappointed ourselves by losing our first match against JJC. Well, that means that all hopes are dashed because we are not competent enough to put up a good fight against HCI, let alone winning. 3 matches in 5 days - yes, that was a really short season for me. Shortest ever, I think? But yes, we had fun. We ended the season with a victory over YJC and we had a team lunch, talking and bonding with each other, though we know that we won't be playing together anymore. And Kaixi sprained her ankle! That was quite serious, but it was funny, idk why. Hah. Memories? Definitely.
I can never forget the epic faces of everyone when we received our BAKSEBTALL shirt. That. was. hilarious.!!!
I can never forget how we laughed at our own ANTA jerseys and our bumblebee-like jersey.
I can never forget all the nonsense we did during our basketball camp. Seniors, you guys really made the camp fun.
I can never forget how loud we cheered for Xifan when she shot in that 2 points during the YJC match. Hahaha!!
I can never forget how each warm-up session became a gossip session. Okay thats wrong. I mean, we were gossiping throughout our whole training right? Heh. We're girls, afterall. :)
I can never forget how nonsensical our initiation was.
I can never forget how we held our laughters during our initiation. It was so retarded but really funny!!!
I can never forget those retarded English names that we gave all those people without one. Snowy, Gorilla, Leafy, etc..
And seniors, thanks for the Salonpas, it was useful. Hahah.
*
For my second A'div:
This was my longest competition season ever in my whole sports career. (Hahah, career..?) Really. And dear teammates, I thank you all for all the wonderful performance played in this season. Today marks the end of my whole basketball journey in NYBBGT, but I always believe that every ending is a new beginning. Though we may have lost today, but that's not the end. I know we are all very unhappy about it, since we only lost by 3 and that was a wrong call by the referee. Well, we may have tied with them or even won if the referee called them for travelling. But now, the fact is that, we lost. Surely, we deserve that win; we deserve being called the "Nationals Top 4". At least, we deserve it more than them. No doubt. What's more we won them previously. It was so near, yet so far. We've come so far together as a team, beating strong teams like SAJC and NJC, and putting up good fight against powerhouses like VJC and RI. We shock one school after another and people get intimidated by us - the NYJC girls' team. Some even idolise our players. Yes, we are really that good. I never had so much faith and confidence in my team before. But you girls made me believe. You girls made me believe that underdogs do exist. You girls made me believe that top 4 is not a dream - it is achievable. This is definitely my most memorable competition season in my life. Undoubtedly. How I wish this is not the end, yet. How I wish this was a dream, a nightmare. How I wish... How I wish... If only it was. I came home to sleep after the match, and upon waking up, I was praying hard that what happened this afternoon was just a dream. I was hoping that my mum will walk up to me and tell me that I just had a bad dream, or a nightmare. But no, it wasn't and I teared upon the realisation that this is reality. Sometimes I hope there's a time machine that can turn time back. We just need to go back to that last 3 minutes of the game. Just 3 minutes. But as much as we aren't happy about the results, we have to get this fact, this heartaching and painful fact.
I know it's not easy to get over it, for I'm still not over it yet. But we have to, especially my dear juniors. Those bit*hes are just lucky. They're on luck this time but we're not. Because we don't need luck, we have the skills. Luck will not be with them everytime. Being a much stronger team than they are, I am sure that we will definitely beat them flat like roti prata next year. Okay no, that's too thick. We'll beat them flat like paper next year and make sure that there's no turning back for them. We MUST get back at them and tell them that they were just on luck today. Their victory will NOT last because we've got the skills but they've only got luck. Juniors, we need to take back what supposedly belong to us. We need to kick their asses. We need to thrash them. We've brought NYBBGT to new grounds and you girls need to bring it higher. All we can do is to train harder, work on our mistakes and make sure we take revenge. We will play our game and we decide the outcome of the game, not anyone else. We have come thus far as a team and I'd say that it's really not easy. So girls, heads up, get over it, train hard, and we will come as a stronger team next year. There's really no point crying over spilt milk.
Girls, I am really proud of you and I will take pride in saying that I'm from NYBBGT. I am in NYBBGT, will always be part of this family, and will always be proud to be part of it. Girls, thank you for giving me such a wonderful and memorable season. I don't know why will I be doing at this point of time next year, but I will try my very best to go down to all your matches to cheer and scream "defend" and "rebound" for you girls. Once in NYBBGT, always in NYBBGT. We will fight on and show others what we are made of.
Now, will I continue bballing? That's a difficult question for me. Maybe leisurely, yes. Surprisingly, I enjoyed this experience and I feel sad that it came to an end already. I expect myself to be happy and rejoice that I don't have to play basketball ever again, but no, I didn't. I'm having mixed feelings now. Sigh... This season is full of regrets for me. Can you believe it, I haven't shot a single shot in my whole basketball career? Like fail only... Sorry team, I am not good enough to sub you guys to rest during matches and contribute to the team in terms of scoring. I quite regret that I'm not good enough to do anything. I could have been better if I was willing to do something about my bball skills right from the start. I'm really sorry. Top 4 is so near, yet so far. Quite sad that there isn't anymore chance for me to work hard for top 4... Ugh, this means that be it for netball or basketball, I don't have achievements. -.- But oh well, at least I have great teammates who fought hard together as a team. Proud of you girls! At least now I see basketball in a different light. Not as a lame sport anymore, but a sport that gave me a good experience, the best team ever, and a bunch of girls that I know will never be forgotten in my heart. I really learnt a lot from you girls. Thank you, girls, for the patience that you've given me and the help and guidance that you gave me on/off court.
C'Div, B'Div, A'Div - 5 competition seasons that taught me countless lessons, 5 teams that gave me the best girls and friends in life, 2 games that I'll never forget or stop playing. I'm not sure if I will be able to play in a team game in future, because forming a team is really not easy. Maybe I'll go for individual games, like tennis? But I can be sure that I will never forget these 6 years of experience of playing in these two team sports.
Coaches who have guided me in these 6 years, especially C.Chan who coached me in CrezNetball C'div 2006/07 and Coach Wong who patiently guided me in NYBBGT, thank you so much. We would not have gone so far without you coaches. You all inspired me in many ways, and I thank you for taking up such a noble job. Thank you.
Thank you, CrezNetball;
Thank you, NYBBGT.
Thank you for the memories.
With love,
Ximian
/edit.
Anyone can tell me that it's okay, but not you. We may be considered as good friends, but what you did this time round cannot be forgiven. At least I can't bring myself to. When my team is in desperate of help, where is it? Where is your professionalism? Doesn't mean that our term ends in a few days, you can heck it. You doing that is just being too unprofessional. I can't be anymore disappointed in you. We can still be friends, but I just don't agree with what you did this time. Please reflect.
No comments:
Post a Comment